Forced evictions of Roma in Hungary
Reply to Written question
| Doc. 13756
| 17 April 2015
- Committee of Ministers
- Adopted at the 1225th meeting of
the Ministers’ Deputies (15 April 2015). 2015 - Second part-session
- Reply to Written question
- : Written question no. 669 (Doc. 13657)
1. During the examination of the question
raised by the Honourable Parliamentarian to the Committee of Ministers,
the delegation of Hungary underlined that the measures referred
to were taken in conditions that respected the human dignity of
the persons concerned and in full respect of their fundamental rights.
The measures were also taken in conformity with the European Charter
of Local Self-Government.
2. It is also pointed out that any persons under the jurisdiction
of a State Party to the European Convention on Human Rights who
consider themselves to be victims of violation of their rights protected
under the Convention may appeal to the European Court of Human Rights,
after exhaustion of domestic remedies.